Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Barman David Priest

I'm about to step away from the Cathartes Aura project for a bit.  I'll be able to tap into my life in the restaurant business through a first-person narrative about eccentric bartender David Priest.  It may be in free-verse.  It may be in prose.  I won't know until I begin to free-write and a form should become evident.

But first, a disclaimer.  For anyone who works with me or has worked with me, you may come to recognize my voice inside the character of David Priest.  He may sound a lot like me.  He may work like me.  He may even look like me, but don't get it twisted.  He is a fictional character.  The bugs in his head are not in my head.  His life is not and never has been mine.

Some of the characters around him may look like or sound like you.  If it is a flattering likeness, then maybe the character is based on you.  If you don't like what you see or hear, don't worry.  It's not you, just something from my imagination.  If I work for you and you fear that I may be behaving like Mr. Priest, don't freak out.  It's only a piece of fiction based on things I've heard, seen, or just made up.

I may be referring people back to this post if any part of the David Priest Project ruffles feathers.

Until then, please read "Cathartes Aura and the Apocalypse Zoo" and "Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere".  I'd love for you to put an honest review at smashwords.com.  I'll be working on Book Three before too long.  I just don't want to see another ten-by-ten for a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment