Friday, August 10, 2012

Blog Flash 2012, August 10: Success



My definition is simple: make enough money writing to quit my job and write full-time.  Then I can work from home, spend more time with my family and live wherever we want.  Like Prague.

Ironic that I'd be a great and prolific writer if I didn't have to spend forty-plus hours a week at my job.

To achieve success, I need to be good, efficient with my time and lucky.

Numerous stories of Oprah saying “I like this book” and the author's life changes forever.


I'm teaching my children that money isn't everything, but need to learn how to earn it and manage it.  Once you've done that, you can do anything you want.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your sentiments here. I can write full time at the moment, not because I've made enough money to be able to do it, but because I've become disabled.
    I wished I could be able to write full time, but didn't bank on this. I guess we need to be careful what we wish for.
    I think your post is great especially that you're teaching your children the value of money and working hard to earn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True success is not in what we have, but what we do with it. As you say, money may not be the world, but we need it in order to live. It's clear you're teaching your children some very valuable lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats exactly what I was brought up on, get a good education, a good job, save up some money and you can enjoy your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to college with the "money is bad and the forces of business will corrupt me as an artist" attitude. Completely self-imposed.

    I read a comment from a writer once saying he was writing a ton right now because he was unfortunately unemployed. I was momentarily jealous.

    ReplyDelete