Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blog Flash 2012, August 12: Celebration


My first tattoo will be the cover of my first book.

I've known that for a long time.

I imagined a contract and a trip to the parlor with my advance.

Now I've self-published three books, but I need to change the rules.

Putting out an ebook and selling almost nothing doesn't count.

Last quarter marked the first time Amazon and Smashwords sent me money.

High-five me. I earned $24 in nearly a year and a half.

Hardly tattoo money, but I'm on my way.

When I get more dough together, I want my logo stuck on my arm.

I can say: “This guy, right here, branded in ink, is Eighty Six the Poet.”

1 comment:

  1. From tiny acorns, mighty oaks grow - we all have to start somewhere and I think it's important to have a focus and keep pushing forward. You're right - we should celebrate the milestones, whatever they may be! Good luck with your tattoo!

    ReplyDelete