Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Goals



My rock is rolling just a little bit at The Penalty Flag.  My second article is out.  I know what I'll write this week if the Seahawks win.  I know what I'll write if they lose.  I have some offseason ideas.  You know the Dave Krieg for Hall of Fame article will come when the time is right.  This must be what a real sports writer feels like.

I just sent off an article to Bright Hub about Famous Female Authors.  Tried to write about Sappho and Anais Nin to a high school audience without getting in trouble with their parents.  Let's see how my editor takes it.

I'll make a few bucks this month freelancing.  Still trying to get lucky.  Still applying to Craig's List and Elance ads to the point of nausea.  Still can't find a worthwhile opportunity with Amazon's Mechanical Turk, whatever it thinks it is.  No, $1.80 is not a good price for a 500 word article.  I spooked another suitor via email today when I mentioned that I expect $20 for 500 words.  Not too much to ask, is it?

Talking with my wife about a website for reviewing kids' books.  Something personal.  Something from our family to help parents, grandparents and friends sift through the good, bad, great and sloppy on the shelves out there.

Also thinking of a short mystery.  An ebook I could sell for 99 cents.  Something that could get popular.

I hope to have my 86 Resolutions done tonight.  That's one of my resolutions.  Until then, look into the links on the side of the blog.  I'll try to make myself easy to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment