Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere" Sneak Peek: Chapter Four

I'm picking up momentum and running strong at my August deadline.  Just finished Chapter Six and I know just how I'll finish this thing.  For a while I felt I was stuck in character development and stage direction.  I was afraid I wouldn't build to the same kind of climax I did in "Apocalypse Zoo".  I'm not afraid anymore.  This train is rumbling down the tracks.

And I have a surprise coming on the first of July.

Chapter Four, Verse One:

She floats light on her feet, centered and soft,

Eyes everywhere and nowhere, breathing smooth

As honed steel.  Bodhi sits near her right heel,

Ears perked and swiveling, nostrils twitching.

Joe pulls the fleece from his lap, exposing

The ten-inch barrel of his chrome magnum.

Sam’s mouth is wide open, his eyes half shut.

The camels shrug humps and go back to sleep.

Joe rubs his chin.  “I’ve seen this one before,”

He says.  “But the other guy had a sword.”

No comments:

Post a Comment