Monday, April 18, 2011

A Scanner Darkly

I took my time with Philip K. Dick's "A Scanner Darkly".  I read it over 2 nights.  I'm not sure if I want to go out and do lots of drugs or never do a drug again.  A great insight into the subculture and a bewildering view of the future of law enforcement.  Imagine going to the office and interacting with anonymous people anonymously, reporting on yourself and your friends without revealing your identity, and not knowing if the person across the desk from you is the dealer or user you are chasing.

It's fiction that opens up the mind.  The sort of stuff I've been looking for.  Not PA either, but that's coming.  Next up, a classic in the post-apocalyptic world I've never read: "Day of the Triffids" by John Wyndham.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14817

No comments:

Post a Comment