Monday, March 12, 2012

Good First Week for David Priest

Just about sixty downloads in the first week for Inside the Skull of David Priest.  That beats Cathartes Aura and the Apocalypse Zoo.  That's more than Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere has done total since August.  Too bad for the un-anticipated sequel to a poem no one understood.

In truth, I write Cathartes Aura for me and don't expect anyone to appreciate it.

I'm taking a bit of a break from writing.  Having a baby in 13 days, more or less.  That might take up some time.

However, I can't keep David Priest out of my head.  I'd thought about releasing the story as a series.  Write another 50 pages or so and publish that.

But I don't want to just string you along with parties and hangovers.  "Inside the Skull" is intended to be the start of a novel.

And that's what it will be.  My Gorgeous Illustrator and I were talking about conflict and plot twists for the novel.  It will begin with a revision of "Inside the Skull" and continue for another hundred pages or two.  We'll see what kind of time my new-born and his big brother allow me.

Stay tuned for the One Inch Slap.

No comments:

Post a Comment