Saturday, March 30, 2013

Acres of Diamonds



About a month ago someone I'd just met challenged me to write about Russell Conwell's Acres of Diamonds speech.

I'm working on it.

It's been a busy month, with Bright Hub in particular, and I'm running behind.  But I've read it and it's rattling around in my brain.  Within a few days I'll have some good ideas about it.

Mr. Conwell is a very persuasive orator.  I'm beginning to think I might actually want to be rich.

June 29: Update

Yes, I'm about 3 months late but I did it one better by writing about Acres of Diamonds for Bright Hub.  So I got it done and I got it published in a place where young people can learn from it, just like Conwell intended.

So if you're out there, mystery assignment guy, I'm finished.  And I learned something.  The "money will corrupt me as an artist" concept I had throughout college was faulty.  Understanding business and building an income will free me as an artist.  Took me a long time to figure that out.

If I ever get to found Eight Six University for the Arts, every idealistic dreamer will be required to minor in economics.  If you ever make any money, starving poet, better know how to invest it.

Find my Acres of Diamonds article and lots of other smart stuff here at Bright Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment