Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Amazon Page

I love Smashwords.com and they've made it so easy for me to get into so many markets, helped me format my books, and given marketing advice.  Mark Coker is doing so much for independent e-book authors.  My loyalty has made me a bit blind to the fact I don't have to be exclusive.  So much so that somehow it took me until yesterday to get Road from Nowhere for sale at Amazon.  I just never got around to it.


Smashwords has reached agreements with most major e-book retailers.  They are still hammering out an agreement with Amazon.  They may never work it out.  If you publish at Smashwords they will automatically distribute you to Kobo, Diesel, Barnes & Noble, Sony, Apple and more.  But not Amazon.


Now I'm faced with the elephant in the room that is Kindle Direct Publishing Select.  It requires me to exclusively be distributed at Amazon but with the benefits of exposure to Amazon Prime customers and a chunk of $700,000 or more monthly set aside for KDP Select authors.  I'm only committed to stay with the program for 90 days.


Now, both Cathartes Aura books are currently free because post-apocalyptic epic poetry hasn't been selling well.  I won't complete CA3 for at least three months, so do I have something to lose?  Let's see what happens in the first 90 days, then I get my freedom back.


A long explanation for a short answer that is:
My Amazon Page

No comments:

Post a Comment