Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Creeper Report: Fantasy Football Week 14


Here it is. The final regular season week for most fantasy football leagues. I hope it finds you well.

The Creepers are doing just fine. Somewhere in the rush of turkey prep, extra holiday work and writing about the best psychology colleges in the Southwest, I forgot to mention in last week's report that the Creepers and I went 4-0.

So I'll do it again. Because we did it again. Back-to-back undefeated weeks in crunch time feels good. Thanks CJ Anderson, Connor Barth, Rashad Jennings, Mark Ingram and Antonio Brown.

We're not fully dipped in gold yet. Nate's league has a six team, three week playoff format in which I've landed a bye. That's pretty golden. I'm in first place and clinched in Bethanie's league. Also shiny and yellowish.


Still fighting in my Euro league. The Euro is free but I have a $20 bet with Gabe of U MAD BRO? over who would finish with the most points. I came screaming from behind this week and closed the gap by almost 40 points to a mere 4.08. I told him we'd be creepin'. Also, if I can win or not let 4th place gain 17 points on me, I'm in the post-season. I do badly want to defend my title from last year, in which I started 2-6 then went undefeated for the rest of the year.

That leaves Andy's league, where if I don't beat the #1 team in the league and Patrick wins I will be out of the playoffs by a skinny half game, thanks to a tie I suffered. That's the highest paying league I'm in and the one I've played the longest, so it's time for me to win it.

Evaluating my Trade

I can say that the only trade I make this year has paid off so far. At the deadline, I sent my Alshon Jeffrey and Denard Robinson away from Antonio Brown. The trade did not process until the end of Week 11, so Alshon's 135 and 1 counted for me.

Antonio was on a bye the next week, yet I still clinched a playoff spot that week. Last week Denard only totaled 54 yards, so despite Alshon's 2 scored, the pair only scored about a point more than Antonio. Meanwhile, I played LeSean and Joique at RB for about 20 each. Chris Ivory at flex slightly outperformed Denard.


So I like the move. My trade partner made the playoffs with the fourth seed, so this was mutually beneficial. If we both make the championship game, the trade will get its final test.

Who Will and Who Won't

Who is going to repeat a big performance from last week? Who won't? Who's worth picking up and starting?

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Will not throw for 6 scores but is facing Jacksonville. Eli threw for 247 before fumbling the game away. Fitz has DeAndre Hopkins on fire and a healthy Arian Foster. I hope you have a steadier choice at QB this deep in the year, but if not go for Patrick Fitzryan.

Colt McCoy - Won't put up 392 again, even though that was mostly in garbage time. The Rams pass rush is back and they'll treat the Pigskins like they did the Raiders. I think DeSean Jackson disappears in this one.


Tre Mason - Will run wild against Washington. I think Shaun Hill and St. Louis get a lead after causing some turnovers and will run to the finish. I only wish I'd been patient enough to keep him on my bench.

Rashad Jennings - Won't repeat his 91 yard, 2 score performance against Tennessee if his ankle doesn't shape up. But Andre Williams will. The Titans have the worst run defense in the league. Reports I've seen say the ankle won't keep him out, but keep an eye on it late in the week. (Wish I had a better won't, but most of the double-digit scorers last week look pretty good still.)

Eddie Royal - Will catch several with a good chance hosting the Patriots. The Chargers are in the playoff hunt and will go down scrapping. Bill Belichick will likely try to eliminate Malcom Floyd or Antonio Gates, making Royal a good choice if you're reaching at WR.

Donte Moncrief - Won't score on two long bombs again. He only saw 4 targets last week. Don't rely on this sort of streaky production. I'd rather have a guy who caught numerous short ones, like Royal or Harry Douglass.

Jordan Reed - Will catch a bunch of passes from Colt McCoy. What's the easiest way to escape a pass rush? Dump it to the big guy.

Heath Miller - Won't catch 8 passes against Cincinnati. This is going to be an AFC North winter dog fight with a low score and lots of Le'Veon Bell.

St. Louis - Will put pressure on McCoy and cause mistakes. I wouldn't doubt a special teams touchdown against the accursed Pigskins. This ain't their decade.

Jacksonville - Won't be recover two fumbles for touchdowns, so don't even think about taking my most picked-on team and turning them into a streaming defense.

I Could Write Forever, but No One Wants Me To

Good luck and happy creepings.

No comments:

Post a Comment