Monday, February 10, 2014

Cats with Sexy Lips, Your New Humidor and Epic YouTube Fails


Blogging is hard.  Blogging is fun.  I've taken on a big project.

Week One of the 86 the Poet rebirth has featured multiple discussions of a Super Bowl victory, how to buy the right humidor, cannibal poetry, cats with sexy lips and an epic YouTube fail.

I'll figure that video thing out.  Who out there knows more about YouTube or putting video on your blog than me?  OK, everyone?  Then help an old-fashioned poet out.  I wasn't born this way.  I graduated college without an email address.

So my wife recorded me reading the first chapter of Cathartes Aura and the Apocalypse Zoo and now I have this six and a half minute long MOV file.  YouTube says it accepts MOV, but it just ain't uploading.  Blogger won't take that file, though it has a spot to add video.  Whatever.  You'll just have to wait until I figure it out.

I finally found a voice for Marcel in my mystery story.  I just need to get to serious work on it.  I'm caught between two things: trying to build blog traffic to grow an audience for the book release and actually writing the book.  Ironic that one is preventing the other.

Coming up this week: how to brine meat, Marcel talks to the police, more from My Gorgeous Illustrator, online cigar shopping basics, Apocalypse Zoo Chapter 2, I hope, and my Seahawks' MVPs.  And oh yeah, updates on my Bright Hub work.

February is on pace to double the page views of any other month.  But what really satisfies me is feedback.  Leave a comment and let me know about you.  This is a two way street.

Stay tuned, Vultureheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment