Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blog Flash 2012, August 20: Sports Part 2



What I really meant to post before I mentioned Eighty Six's Writers and Bloggers Fantasy Football League:

I've been writing of the things I've already written about the Cathartes Aura project, the thing I am writing, but not much about the things I will be writing.

Sport will be an integral part of rebuilding human society.  We can't help it.  Returning to a hunting/gathering/agrarian society will be stressful hard work.  People will need ways to unwind.

Lots of alcohol and weed so far in my story with harder drugs to come.  Meth is way too easy to make.

But a social and physical release is sport.  Whenever a group of people spends time together, a game is sure to follow.

In a post-apocalyptic world I foresee table games like cards and dominoes to become everyday.  Also, I think sports that are simple and universal, like soccer, basketball, and baseball, to become organized.  I've already written about a town that settles everything, from territorial disputes to criminal punishment, with one-on-one fights atop a rock.  (Scroll down to "Brawl Atop the Rock")

Get a group of people together and eventually they'll choose a game.  It will pop up in my text soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment