Monday, August 6, 2012

Blog Flash 2012, August 5: Frustration



Two tools for writing frustration.

#1 Write Forward.

If you're stuck trying to perfect some diction, a character or a scene, just write forward. Be perfect later.  Skip ahead to a section you're dying to reach or a character that's fun to write. Come back to the rest later. It'll make sense then.

#2 Cross-Over.
Like Jordan, break the ankles of writer's block by juking to another project. I did that yesterday. I'd promised to have Chapter 5 of CA3 done this weekend yet had no idea where to go. I got to work on my “Busy” post. When I got back to CA3, I saw things clearer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why you thought I wouldn't like this - I really did! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was late at night and I meant to say that about my "Reading" post, which has already received some interesting responses.

      As for Nikolas, I've never had to encourage him to read. You couldn't stop him. He's been shoving books in my face since he could lift them.

      Delete